Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our little Granny...

Bronwyn is our Granny. She used to hate when we called her tht but now I think she sees it as a compliment...and a statement of fact...She is a self policer. She is very aware, sometimes too aware, of the world around her and her place in it. She is caring. She is generous. She is dramatic. She is all things girly. She is thoughful. She can be really over emotional!! And so many many times she is just down right funny...we were coming home from a little Mom and Daughter time, she asks me for these days. She says she needs "me and you time". And I do whatever I can to make it happen. I want her to always have that opening to me. Because someday her issues may be a little bigger than "counting by twos". But I have totally skipped my little story, we were in the car and she was talking about her Grandma and Grandpa (my parents) and how much she loves them and she would be really sad and cry a lot if something happened to them or they died, very touching so far, but then she says "But you'd be surprised what you can live through!" I was taken aback and then I laughed so very hard!! Where these things come from I will never know. And that same evening while she and I were out she was commenting on our surroundings in a very mature fashion and I said how did you get so grown up?? And she replies very frank and to the point... "I had good raising." WOW!!!!! How does she know what that is!!??? And when I quizzed her to see if she knew what it meant she really really did. So maybe we are on the right track! You just never get to know as a parent...all the second guessing and what iffing and hoping...but here is my lovely 7 year old validating my whole being...really though where did she come from??? If she didn't look so much like me I would swear up and down she was switched at birth!! My husband and I are so not like her!! And her sister is the complete 180 degree opposite!! But she is mine and she is amazing...and I have a lot to learn from her!!

No comments: