Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Beginning...





How very not ready I was for my baby to start school today...real school. Her dad was doing a big happy dance, I think next year he may even host a back to school party... but for me it makes me a little melancholy. Life is just zooming by and all the days I want to cling to just a little longer, zip right on by. How I already miss the baby times of snuggles and milky breath, and firsts... and now my littlest lady doesn't even look back as she opens this next chapter. Good for her a little sad for mama. My oldest goes in with a mix of nerves and excitement and gives me the "I think I am ok but I am not real sure" look with a slight quiver in her bottom lip she bids me goodbye all the while really wishing I would stay. This letting go is so hard for me and I do truly realize this is just baby steps for what is to come in their world. And that someday I will be glad they have moved on and made their way... but for now it makes me a little contemplative. Bronwyn has already requested a cafe date with me after school I think that may be just what mama needs!! Sigh...

No comments: