Saturday, May 31, 2008

Good Day





Today was another one of those dreamy, idealistic little days, the ones that actually play out like the one you had in your head. Where all the parties involved are content and happy and on the same page...and wandering and exploring all comes together...and we all find our place in the day... Bronwyn and I managed to get a bike ride in down to the farmer's market this morning. Not much in yet in our neck of the words but we did get some asparagus and spinach and I got some more herb plants (chammomile, dill, rosemary, and oregano were the new additions). I even got to get into the dirt and get them all planted today!! While we were gone John and Ella were crafting a lovely breakfast. We had pancakes and sausage and coffee and tea and orange juice all on our front porch. We even had a bouquet of lily of the valley a friend had given me for table decoration. I love lily of the valley so sweet smelling and they always remind me of being a little girl!! So thanks so much Margaret for the lovelies!
Then the ladies wanted to get out, so we being the lucky people we are, went to Dow Gardens, a lovely garden at the end of our street, photos above. It is full of paths and grass and places to wander and imagine. And there is a kids garden with water spouts where the girls get soaked and play...and if anyone who reads this can tell me what the cute little blue flowers above are I would really appreciate it!! I would love to get some of those in my yard!!
Hope you all are enjoying your Saturday!!

No comments: