Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Culinary Disaster

Well sometimes when you have a disaster something rather yummy can come from it...today I tried (for the first time maybe the only time) to make blue corn tortillas. The ingredients were simple the directions were simple yet the tortillas seemed persnickety...I didn't produce one that had even the remotest appearance of being a tortilla...they tasted like tortillas but nothing we could use for tacos that is for sure...so since I already had a disaster why not keep on pushing...so I had hoped to be able to make the tortillas to one day make blue corn chips...so I put some oil in the pan and tore them into bits added some salt and fried them till crisp and voila they began disappearing from the plate before I could get dinner even close to ready!! Sometimes you need a little disaster in your world...

No comments: