Monday, April 7, 2008

Sunshine...



Oh, I love the promise of warmth and sunshine! The past two days there has been that smell in the breeze, the freshness, the hint that spring really is here! I feel so energized and can hardly stay still when I feel that first sunshiny day! You know the ones before it gets too hot...before it takes your breath away when you step outside... I feel like I can truly do anything when I get the feel of that sun on the side of my face!
So I pulled out my best purchase of 2007, my new walking shoes, and put on my ipod and hit the road. I walked 4 miles after a much to sedentary winter! Which I need to everyday as I am walking a 5k on the 19th! Hmmm I think I have some making up to do! And as I was walking I breathed deep and relaxed and felt good about me and what I am doing to make me better...I bounced along to my lovely music, and took in all the other escapees like me out enjoying the first hope of the season...
And this evening I made myself a nice little cup of coffee in my little garden cup...and admired the scene that always comes when our co-op produce arrives. I love the way the fridge looks with all the colors and yummy things to eat!! And this time there is fresh lovely pineapple!!! Dinner should be good tomorrow!!!
The ladies got to plant some seeds in pots this evening. They are itching to get things going in the ground outside but April is much too soon for seed planting in Michigan!! So they did get to get something started...Bronwyn chose snapdragons, Ella chose sunflowers, John wants corn, I wanted basil!! While we were picking seeds, Bronwyn added cauliflower and bluebells! So hopefully we will get some lovely things sprouting soon!!
Enjoy the sunshine!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving your new shoes! I've got some shoes something like that somewhere... in the bottom of my closet! ;)

Sheila said...

Someday you too will be able to don walking shoes and take off again!!! They are my exercise equipment!

Fine Little Day said...

Looks like really comfortable shoes. I should walk/run more regular...