Monday, February 1, 2010

La Serenata





What I wouldn't give to be ducking into La Serenata right now. With the promise of an awesome coffee and gorgeous Italian food. I dream about their lasagna! The building makes me happy with it's ancient stonework and nooks and crannies. It also has these fantastic stained glass windows. It was one of the first places I went to in Roscrea (Tipperary, Ireland). I had gone to visit John's family for the first time and he took me there for tea...at the time it wasn't Italian but still lovely and yummy...we called it the Restaurant of the Shaking Table because John in his nervousness of seeing me again after a couple of years apart bounced his leg the whole time causing the table to vibrate and the milk to slosh and the tea to tremble...and before we went over this year someone had told us it had closed down. I was saddened...so many memories so much foodie love...but thankfully they were mistaken and we got to sneak in and have a few meals and coffees. Bronwyn the pasta girl loved it. Ella like wandering around pretending she was in a castle. And John and I just soaked in all the memories and pretended we were young again and there weren't two cute little girls calling us Mom and Dad.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, We should drop in there for tea more often!