Sunday, April 20, 2008

Aftermath

This is the aftermath of the 5K...I made it...I survived it...and now to keep walking to get ready for the next one in June!! I walked it with a friend who has lost a tremendous amount of weight and has treadmilled all winter...I have walked twice since last summer...and I haven't yet mentioned my lovely friend is 5'10 with long legs to my 5'5 with stumpy legs...she was motivated and cheerleaded me appropriately as I huffed and puffed and held her back...but out of hundreds of walkers we were 27th (her) and 28th (me). So really not a bad effort...but I felt it this time...and she is stoked so her goal is to take our 42.26 minute time and make it 39 ish...so me thinks there is a lot of work to do!!!! But there was a time in not to distant memory that I would have never imagined doing this much less signing up and actually doing it...so progress has been made and it felt good once my legs stopped feeling like rubber!!

No comments: